iMessage is indeed a great messaging app exclusively for Apple users. If you have used this app then you already know the pros of this app and you also might have recommended this to your friends. In a new iPhone while setting up you might encounter iMessage Waiting for Activation or FaceTime waiting for activation. This problem can occur in any device. In this article, we will demonstrate how you can fix Waiting for Activation issues occurring in iMessage and FaceTime.
What Causes the iMessage Waiting for Activation Error
Now moving on to the discussion of the issue, iMessage Waiting for Activation error can be due to multiple reasons like network error, incorrect date, and time and issues in network settings. These are not the problem that you need to worry much about. You can recognize the specific problem by its symptoms. Some of the most common symptoms are iMessage Waiting for Activation, it generally appears in Settings app just below the toggle of iMessage.
One might also encounter a situation where along with “iMessage Waiting for Activation” there is also a phone number greyed out. iMessage Waiting for Activation is a quite a rare issue and occurs only when you try to activate secondary phone number on the same device. Some of the other common issues are Activation unsuccessful, An error occurred during activation, Could not sign in, please check your network connection. These all issues are quite similar to one another and can be easily fixed, what you just need to do is follow the steps of the solution described in this article.
Make sure the device is receiving any text message as in the process you might receive any message for confirmation. If you are a pre-paid user then add some credits as the device might send some messages through the device for activation. If all these prerequisites are okay then move on to steps below.
Check Out – Download iMessage for PC Windows 10/8/7
Make Sure the Device is Connected to the Internet:
- At First, Connect to Wifi or cellular data to refresh the status.
- In iPhone, SMS messaging requires to activate any phone number on iMessage or FaceTime.
- On most of the carriers, you have to pay for this SMS.
Reset the Network You Are Connected To:
- At First, Turn on Airplane mode.
- After a couple of minutes turn it off.
- This will reset the cellular network you are connected to.
Turn Off and Restart iMessage:
- At First, Navigate to Settings.
- Then go to Messages.
- Now toggle the iMessage to off state.
- Afterwards, restart your device.
- Go back and toggle iMessage back on in the Settings.
Check The Time Zone and Date:
- At First, Navigate to Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Go to Date & Time.
- Afterwards, check the time zone. If you correctly configure them in order to activate iMessage or FaceTime.
- If they are not correctly configured then set the correct time zone and check the status.
Update The Device’s Carrier Settings:
- At First, Connect the device to the internet.
- Open Settings.
- Go to General.
- Afterwards, tap on About and check if an update is available.
- If an update is available then update the device.
Sign out/in the Apple ID:
- At First, Head over to Settings.
- Tap on Message.
- Scroll down, tap on Send & Receive.
- Now tap on Apple ID and sign out.
- Now toggle iMessage to off.
- Afterwards, a couple of minutes, toggle it back on.
- Sign in again with Apple ID.
- Try reactivating iMessage.
Update Your Device:
- To update your device, go to Settings.
- Head over to General.
- Afterwards, tap on Software Update.
- If a new update is available then tap on Download & Install.
- Once the device gets updated, check iMessage is there is still an error.
Wait for a day, as the activation through carrier might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage. But if the problem persists even after 24 hours then contact the Apple Support.
If none of the above tricks works then try wiping all the device content and contact the Apple Support. We hope that this article was helpful to you in fixing the iMessage Waiting for Activation Error. If we missed any of the methods then feel free to mention it in the comment section below. And please share this article on social media.